The botanical garden has a collection of plants from all over the world. Around 1,500 species, most of them from the southern hemisphere, as well as from the Mediterranean and the Far East: the Himalayas, China, Japan.
The Park was laid out in 1885 by Baroness Antoinette de Saint-LÃ©ger. Today it is part of the canton of Ticino. Guided tours of the park and the small island are possible, upon request.
How to get there:
By boat: from the villages along the Lago Maggiore (regular service).
Open from the end of March to the end of October, 9am to 6 p.m.